MEXC Review Scores
Security & Safety
Fees & Costs
Ease Of Use
MEXC Review 2024: A Versatile Crypto Exchange for the Discerning Trader
MEXC Global, established in 2018, has carved its niche in the ever-evolving crypto landscape. Boasting a robust platform, it empowers over 10 million users across 170+ countries to navigate the dynamic world of digital assets.
But what truly sets MEXC apart? In this MEXC review, we'll delve into its diverse offerings and uncover its potential for both seasoned veterans and curious newcomers.
A marketplace teeming with choice:
- Spot Trading: Dive into a vast pool of over 2200 tradable assets and 2300+ trading pairs, encompassing everything from established giants like Bitcoin to emerging gems in the DeFi and NFT space.
- Futures & Margin Trading: Take your trading strategies to the next level with futures contracts and leverage the power of margin trading (be mindful of the associated risks!).
- Quantitative Trading: Unleash your inner algorithmic wizard with specialized tools and features designed for experienced quantitative traders.
- Staking Services: Earn passive income by staking your holdings in select cryptocurrencies.
- Launchpad & Kickstarter: Be an early adopter of promising projects through MEXC Launchpad and participate in Kickstarter campaigns to influence which projects make it onto the exchange.
- MX Token: The native MX token unlocks exclusive benefits like fee discounts, increased referral rewards, and participation in governance votes.
- MX Zone: Immerse yourself in exclusive MX events and airdrops, leveraging your MX tokens to unlock exciting rewards and experiences.
Diving into the world of MEXC, here are the key takeaways to help gauge if it's the right choice for your crypto journey:
- Vast Cryptocurrency Selection: MEXC offers a diverse portfolio with over 1,000 cryptocurrencies.
- High Trading Volume: It consistently ranks high in global trading volumes, ensuring liquidity.
- User Experience: The platform is known for its intuitive interface, suitable for both beginners and experienced traders.
- Security Measures: Implements top-tier security protocols to safeguard user assets.
- Fees Structure: Competitive trading fees, with discounts available for holders of its native token.
- Global Reach with Limitations: While MEXC serves a global audience, it faces restrictions in certain jurisdictions.
- Customer Support: Provides 24/7 support, but some users have noted delays in response times.
- Staking Options: Offers staking services, allowing users to earn rewards on their holdings.
MEXC’s Pros and Cons
- Wide Asset Range: Offers over 2200 tradable assets and 2300+ trading pairs.
- Advanced Trading Features: Includes futures, margin trading, and quantitative trading tools.
- Strong Security Measures: Implements multi-factor authentication, cold storage of assets, and robust encryption.
- User-Friendly Platform: Easy navigation with helpful features like 'Macro Data' tab for market insights.
- Liquidity Concerns: Some assets may be illiquid, making them hard to trade.
- Regulatory Challenges: Faces regulatory hurdles in certain jurisdictions.
1. Asset Variety and Liquidity
MEXC boasts an impressive 2212 tradable assets and 2300+ trading pairs, placing it among the top contenders in cryptocurrency variety. This vast selection caters to both established crypto players and adventurous "degens" seeking small-cap gems. But before exploring what MEXC offers, let's delve into the implications of its diverse asset range.
- Wide Range: With 2212 assets, you're likely to find the specific crypto you're looking for, from established giants like Bitcoin to promising newcomers.
- Degen Paradise: If you enjoy exploring lesser-known tokens, MEXC offers a treasure trove of opportunities. Just remember, high risk often accompanies high reward in this realm.
- Liquidity Concerns: While variety is exciting, it can also lead to illiquid assets that are difficult to buy or sell. Always research a token's trading volume before investing.
- Delisting Risk: With a vast array of assets, some may not gain traction and eventually be delisted from the exchange. Be mindful of this possibility when making investment decisions.
Interestingly, MEXC's own token, MX, constitutes less than 20% of its total asset value, a healthy sign for an exchange of its size. Dominance by USDT suggests a balanced asset distribution, steering clear of the pitfalls of over-reliance on proprietary tokens. For perspective, MEXC ranks 14th among 34 exchanges in terms of asset value, according to DefiLlama's metrics.
2. Security and Reliability
When it comes to safeguarding your investments, MEXC exchange stands out with its robust security measures. Here's how MEXC ensures top-notch protection:
- Multi-Factor Authentication: Crucial for account security, MEXC requires two different authentication factors for access, greatly reducing unauthorized entry risks.
- DDoS Protection and Encryption: With cutting-edge encryption protocols, MEXC shields personal and transaction data, fortifying against both direct attacks and data breaches.
- Cold Storage of Assets: A substantial portion of users' funds is stored in offline cold wallets, isolated from online threats, embodying industry-standard asset protection.
- Insurance Against Hacks: While not explicitly stated, the robust security measures imply a strong defense against potential hacking incidents.
- Proof of Reserves: MEXC's operational transparency likely extends to reserves, ensuring users' assets are readily available.
- Additional Measures: The exchange boasts 24/7 security monitoring, regular security audits, and a tiered KYC system for enhanced user verification.
3. Ease of Use and Interface
MEXC crypto exchange shines with a user-friendly interface, welcoming both novice and seasoned traders. Navigating the platform feels effortless, and account creation is a breeze – I experienced it myself years ago, and helped my friend create her new one recently, and found it refreshingly simple.
The platform boasts an impressive trading engine handling 1.4 million transactions per second, ensuring smooth and efficient order execution. I witnessed trades happening swiftly.
My favorite part of this section? Stay informed with MEXC's unique "Macro Data" tab. This gem, located conveniently next to the "Market" option, goes beyond just displaying announcement times. It delivers valuable crypto industry news, tracks Bitcoin's price action within 5 minutes of news breaks, and even suggests potential trends (bullish or bearish).
This real-time data, all within the platform, is incredibly helpful for navigating market fluctuations and predicting altcoin movements – no need to switch between platforms for news and analysis, which saves a lot of time and effort.
However, the trading chart size is a bit of a letdown. It feels undersized compared to other screen elements like the order book and trading pair list, which can make navigating price actions challenging.
But the platform compensates with educational resources. The Demo option is a great tool for those new to trading, especially in derivatives. Moreover, MEXC's commitment to user education is evident in its pop-up guides and instructional videos, enhancing user confidence and potentially boosting asset liquidity on the platform.
4. Deposit and Withdrawal Options
Variety in deposit methods is a huge plus for MEXC, supporting a range of blockchains for both deposits and withdrawals. Think Ethereum, BNB, Polygon, Avalanche, Solana, and more for your stablecoin placements – a real convenience if you're a multi-chain trader. Surprisingly, Bitcoin deposits are a bit limited, only on Bitcoin and BNB Smart Chains, leaving Lightning Network users in the dark.
The minimum deposit limit? Practically negligible. But remember, going below means your deposit won't count, and MEXC isn't liable for any loss.
While OTC (Over-The-Counter) purchases might be unavailable in certain regions, MEXC offers P2P trading and third-party services for buying crypto with 22 fiat currencies. The third-party service does support 22 fiat currencies, but the options vary with the amount. For instance, purchasing 1000 USDT gives you more provider choices than 10000 USDT. The max purchase cap sits at $20,000, so full BTC buys are off the table, and extra fees are part of the deal.
Selling? It's more restrictive. Only four fiat currencies (EUR, VND, RUB, KRW) and limited providers may sometimes hiccup in price quotes.
As for withdrawals, non-KYC users can pull out up to 3 BTC daily, but KYC-completed users get a hefty 80-200 BTC limit. MEXC's casual approach to KYC might be a nod to privacy-seekers. However, fees are a concern, and we'll explore them in the next section.
5. Fees and Charges
MEXC's fee structure is generally competitive, but with a few notable caveats. Here's a breakdown:
- Spot: 0.10% maker/taker, average compared to other exchanges.
- Futures: 0.01% maker, 0.05% taker.
- MX Token Holders: Enjoy a 50% discount on both spot and futures fees if holding ≥ 1000 MX tokens for 15 days.
- MX Deduction: Get a 20% discount on spot and 10% on futures by enabling this option (MX tokens used for fees).
- VIP Tiers: Hold ≥ 300,000 USDT for exclusive fee discounts and benefits.
Mostly free for most assets.
- Free: To other MEXC users and your MEXC custodial wallet.
- On-chain fees: Higher than average for many tokens. Expect 1.5-3 USDT fees even on cheap blockchains like Algorand, Solana, and Polygon. Other options start from 1 USDT. In this MEXC review, it's noteworthy that BTC and ETH withdrawals can be more cost-effective than Binance at times, emphasizing the importance of balancing these fees with your transaction requirements.
6. Trading Tools and Features
MEXC exchange empowers you to trade and earn with a robust suite of tools and features tailored for every experience level. Dive into advanced charting with real-time data, perfect for crafting intricate strategies. New to the crypto scene? No worries, the user-friendly interface and demo mode (with simulated funds for futures trading) guide you through your first steps.
MEXC introduces two main perpetual futures types: USDT-M and COIN-M. The former uses USDT as collateral, offering up to 200x leverage, while the latter leverages the underlying cryptocurrency with up to 125x. It accommodates different margin modes like cross and isolated margin, alongside a hedge mode for managing simultaneous long and short positions in a single contract.
Beyond Traditional Trading
- Staking Options: MEXC's flexible and locked staking options enable users to earn by holding cryptocurrencies. For instance, with just 300 USDT, choosing Savings over Simple Earn significantly boosts yield.
- API Trading: Integration with top AI trading platforms facilitates automated trading.
- MX Zone: MX token holders access exclusive airdrops and events. Over 1000 free airdrops, weekly events scaling from 5 to 60+, and a prize pool reaching 100 Million USDT in 2023 are notable highlights. Holding 1,000 MX tokens for 30 days could yield over 83% APY.
- Deposit for Listing: This unique feature allows users to vote for listing their preferred projects by depositing tokens. The top 2 projects meeting criteria get listed post-technical integration.
MEXC's loan service, offering terms of 30, 60, or 90 days against digital asset collateral, is noteworthy. Interest accrues daily, with MEXC retaining the right to adjust collateral requirements or liquidate in case of default.
7. Customer Support and Service
When diving into the realm of cryptocurrency exchanges, the quality of customer support can make or break your experience. MEXC exchange shines in this aspect, offering stellar service around the clock. Here's a peek into their customer support:
- 24/7 Availability: They stand ready to assist at any hour. This round-the-clock approach ensures that no matter your timezone or schedule, support is just a click away.
- Live Chat & Email Support: For instant queries, their live chat is a godsend. It's fast, efficient, and multilingual, breaking down language barriers. If you prefer a bit more detail in your communications, their email support responds briskly, typically within a day.
- Comprehensive Help Center: Need to self-serve? Their help center is packed with FAQs and guides. It's a treasure trove of information for common queries.
- Submit a Request Feature: This innovative tool is perfect for tailored support. Whether it's account issues, feedback, or something more specific, they've got you covered with prompt responses.
For urgent matters or personalized support, I recommend raising a ticket or chatting live with the friendly and efficient team. With MEXC's dedication to customer satisfaction, you can get a helping hand whenever you need it.
8. Mobile App and Accessibility
MEXC's mobile app doesn't just let you trade crypto on the go – it empowers you with a comprehensive and secure trading experience right in your pocket. With its user-friendly interface, it offers an exceptional mobile trading experience, blending sophisticated features with unparalleled ease of use.
- Advanced Trading Charts: Dive deep into market trends with detailed charts.
- Copy Trading Platforms: Effortlessly mimic strategies of seasoned traders.
- Security: Two-factor authentication, encryption protocols, and biometric security ensure your trades are safe and secure.
- Functionality: Quick buy/sell options, futures trading instruments, and new listings at your fingertips.
- Cross-Platform Accessibility: Whether you're an iOS devotee or an Android aficionado, MEXC has got you covered.
9. Compliance and Regulation
MEXC takes a proactive approach to regulatory compliance. It boasts key licenses in various jurisdictions, including the UK's FCA, Cyprus' CySEC, and an MSB license from the US. This demonstrates its commitment to operational legitimacy and user protection.
In our MEXC review, we find its approach to KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) policies is robust yet user-friendly. It implements stringent KYC procedures for user verification, crucial for thwarting fraudulent activities and aligning with anti-terrorism funding rules. However, it intriguingly offers non-KYC operations for limited trading and withdrawals, balancing regulatory compliance with user convenience.
However, regulatory hurdles still exist. In October 2023, Germany's BaFin issued a warning regarding unauthorized financial services, while Japan's FSA raised concerns in April. These instances highlight the dynamic nature of crypto regulations and MEXC's need to navigate evolving landscapes.
This MEXC review has delved into the exchange's offerings, highlighting its strengths and weaknesses. While MEXC boasts an impressive crypto selection, competitive fees, and user-friendly features, it's crucial to remember that no platform is perfect. Consider your individual needs and risk tolerance before diving in.
Remember, cryptocurrency is inherently volatile, so responsible investing practices are paramount. Do your due diligence, explore alternative platforms, and make informed decisions that align with your financial goals.